english talking area :)

• I wish I had died with my old illusions still intact... I am so weak, so pathetic.

He thought a little about the company that he would like to have.

No, he thought, when everything you do, you do too long, and do too late, you can't expect to find the people still there. The people all are gone. The party's over.

Hemingway

• More and more I am losing any hope to ever connect to another person on a deeper level, even on the level of shared suffering.

No, he thought, when everything you do, you do too long, and do too late, you can't expect to find the people still there. The people all are gone. The party's over.

Hemingway

• I found this quite interesting and want to share it because it investigates our reactions to things we find cringe-worthy, which is a really interesting state of mind:

It is like an endless movie that has no happy end (nano - Hysteria)

We can't undo the scars, all up and down our hearts can't forget how it felt when it all fell apart and we talk a big game like we wanna get well in our prison made of pain only fooling ourselves (Icon for Hire - Get Well II)

• Dude, I can't talk about my feelings and shit in my native language. English, no problem, I would tell everyone my whole life story and why I'm fucked up. I would like therapy in English please.

Hemingway

• james_brennan

I slowly get to a similar recognition.

Therapy with someone or people who at least are able to comprehend English and maybe are capable to handle other languages (just how to use a dictionary of that specific language sometimes would be enough; I don't work that much differently from that), I guess this would be a "requirement" (saying this very lightly and carefully). Because I simply can't turn it into practice any better. It's just the way things have developed in my brain.

• I love the game; I am bad at it, but I love it.

Hemingway

• A brief comment with regards to dictionaries.

Simple dictionaries are nice but always lack of context. I always told my students to use a "English English"-Dictionary. In order to avoid funny confuision. I don't remember them in detail yet. But we had a lot confuision.

"Freundschaft bedeutet wenig wenn diese nur bequem ist!"

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!