english talking area :)

• I don't know if my relationship with my boyfriend is the right thing for me and I don't know how I know if it is. I don't know what I want to do with my life. I don't know if I should pay to work abroad as I really want to go somewhere for a while, but most things let you pay a few thousand euros for it. Generally I just don't know.

Where do you want to go in December? :)

Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

-Albus Dumbledore-

• Hey Emily,

yeah I did read your thread about your life and your boyfriend. I think you should give yourself the opportunity to work abroad for like a year or so. Work & Travel should not be too expensive...?

You could also see how it feels to life without your boyfriend for a while and I think this could clarify things for you one way or another.

I would like to go on roadtrip with an RV in the US. Maybe for 4-5 weeks including xmas. But I'm not sure, it's quie expensive and I don't know if the weather will be good enough around this time of the year.

:)

• Oh, okay :halloweenshame:
    Yeah I thought about that. I'm looking at the moment where and how I could work abroad, I'd actually love to see Australia or New Zealand but I don't want to fly that much. So I'm trying to find other countries, I'm on it :zwinkern2:

Wow, that sounds amazing! :) Do you want to travel kinda all states or just, like, the West or something? I think the West or South will have good weather every time of the year? :schulterzucken:

-Albus Dumbledore-

• Well it's only one flight to australia and one flight back. That's not really much in my opinion or do you plan to fly back to germany more frequently? You could work in GB but that is not very far away from your home. Africa maybe? Namibia or South Africa?

My father lifes in North Carolina so I guess we will start there. But I'm not sure where we will be heading first. New York would be cool around Xmas but Texas or the deep west would also be great.

• Wow, cool! So did you grow up bilingual? :) That'd explain your amazing English :halloweengrin: Your plan does sound awesome. I'd suggest to just let yourself get carried away in the moments, so no exact plan and just finding out where to go along the way. That's at least the perfect thing for me to do :halloweenlaugh: Idk if we're similar there ;)

Well for me it's not exactly the number of flights that counts but the time and the amount of CO2 that would be blasted into the air :/ That's what I don't like about flying that far when you don't "have to". I mean I completely understand your situation with your dad in the States, and I'm planning on visiting my brother in Florida when he's at work there as well. But... Australia... Of course I'd love to see it, but I could also stay in Europe or at least close and keep my climate footprint as small as possible :greyclap2: I thought about South Africa and Namibia and practically every destination in the world, I don't even really care where I'd go as long as I'm going. We'll have to see :)

-Albus Dumbledore-

• Hi everyone

I like this thread :). My English is not the best, so that could be an opportunity to improve it ;-).
    How is everyone doing? Did you all have a good start in 2020?
    Do not know what else I could write...

I wonder if the way of writing changed in the last couple of years... when I went to school we were not allowed to shorten expressions like „do not“ or „I am“ in the written language.

Wishing you all a good start of the week :).

"One of my biggest mistakes in life
    is thinking people will show me the same love that I've shown them." -Heath Ledger (1979-2008)

• The immense suckitude of it all.

He thought a little about the company that he would like to have.

No, he thought, when everything you do, you do too long, and do too late, you can't expect to find the people still there. The people all are gone. The party's over.

Hemingway

• The boy and the man both miserable.
    The boy is the father of the man...

No, he thought, when everything you do, you do too long, and do too late, you can't expect to find the people still there. The people all are gone. The party's over.

Hemingway

• I wish I could sleep for a hundred years.

"One of my biggest mistakes in life
    is thinking people will show me the same love that I've shown them." -Heath Ledger (1979-2008)

• I don't feel love for anything. No love for anything outside of myself. That is the problem.

Hemingway

• Oh these nights, when you feel so close to a past you never had.

Hemingway

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!